CIVILS & LINTELS - Assistant Depot Manager
Huthwaite NG17 2HU
Who are we looking for?
As a vital member of our team, we’re looking for someone who will not just meet but also exceed our customers’ expectations: -
* Serving our customers’ needs in a safe and professional manner
* Maintaining a high standard of health and safety on sites and in depots
* Be one of the faces of Civils and Lintels and help create great customer service
* Create a close working relationship with your team whilst helping them to grow and develop.
* Develop close working relationships with key supply chain partners.
Who are you?
* You’re a great team player, with natural drive and will to succeed.
* You’ll be someone who’s self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, reliable, and ambitious.
* Most importantly You’ll have exceptional standards of customer service.
* Assisting the Depot Manager with managing the depot team to get the very best out of each person
* Working with the Depot Manager to actively increase sales opportunities for new, lapsed and existing customers
* Meet and beat your depots targets
* Having overall accountability for making sure that the depot maintains high operating standards
* Generating new customers
* Helping train the depot team, and ensuring their product knowledge is relevant and up to date
* Managing your stock effectively and properly utilising your vehicles
* Ensuring all mandatory training is completed
* Along with the depot manager being responsible for all Health & Safety at your depot
* Assisting with managing and coordinating the depot stock take twice a year
* Any other requirements set by your Line Manager
What Do We Offer?
* Competitive rates of pay
* 31 days holiday (23 days plus bank holidays)
* Family friendly working hours, we have no weekends or late nights, hours reflect depot opening
* Company discretionary bonus scheme
* Company contributory pension scheme
* Colleague Discount card covering all group business
Hundreds of retail discounts on our benefits system Grab, our one stop shop for all things covering colleague benefits*
* Career progression offering a range of development programs and training courses
* Full and part-time opportunities
* Being part of a successful and ambitious “winning team”
Who Are We?
We're a leading specialist distributor of groundworks and heavy side construction materials serving customers across the UK from our national depot network. This is serviced by a dedicated ﬂeet of crane off-load vehicles to ensure on time delivery across the UK. With a turnover in excess of £200M with an expanding depot network.
We are a busy, fast-paced business we’re anything is possible; we are open to new ideas and champion innovation we certainly do not stand still we like to get on with it.
Tomorrow’s construction projects will be more planet-friendly and people-friendly than ever before. Civils & Lintels exists to help achieve that mission with the latest products and the best advice, delivered exactly where and when needed. Every day, we’re proud to be part of a better tomorrow.
We offer great benefits and plenty of opportunities to learn new skills, to develop your career. There’s always something going on to get excited about.
And getting it right starts with having great people. So why not join us?
OUR CRAZY GOAL
“A winning team, delivering a better future for our customers”
Ambitious ‘Striving to always do things better tomorrow than we did today’
We Value our People ‘Our people are our greatest asset’
Trustworthy and Responsible ‘Committed to conducting our business in a socially responsible way’
Being the best for our Customers ‘Being our customers best supplier, makes us who we are’
Entrepreneurial and Empowering ‘Its new ideas that help us to innovate and stay ahead’
Social Distancing and COVID-19
Like most businesses, we have had to change the way we do things to ensure our colleagues are working safely as well as our customers and suppliers.
We have introduced a set of Safer Operating Procedures which include:
* Additional PPE supplied to you to ensure a clean and sanitised working areas
* No delivery signatures required
* Social distancing in place in all of our depots
Careers at Civils & Lintels. Be Part of a Better Tomorrow