CIVILS & LINTELS – YARD OPERATIVE/ RELIEF DRIVER
Marsh Barton, Exeter, EX2 8LB
Who Are We Looking For?
As a vital member of our team, we’re looking for someone who will not just meet but exceed our customers’ expectations: -
* You’ll be someone who’s self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, reliable, dependable, and ambitious
* Serving our customers’ needs in a safe and professional manner
* Pick and prepare orders for collection and delivery
* Load and unload customers and suppliers’ vehicles
* Ensuring that tally systems/paperwork and policy are used at all times thus actively safeguarding
against theft of goods or company property by being security conscious
* Receive and check off deliveries to the depot, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring secure,
correct and timely storage of such deliveries in line with health and safety guidelines
* Ensure that the yard is always kept tidy, that stock is clearly identifiable and low stock levels
highlighted to depot management where necessary
* Ensure that the forklift is used and maintained in an appropriate manner in line with health and
* Hold a HGV class 2 license and Driver Qualification Card (we will offer training to a suitable candidate)
* HIAB license is desirable (we will offer training to a suitable candidate)
* Maintaining a high standard of health and safety on sites and in depots
* Building close working relationships with teams across the depot
* Can either work Full time or Part-time (both opportunities available)
Drive Your Career Forward with Civils & Lintels
What Do We Offer?
* Competitive rates of pay
* 31 days holiday (23 days plus bank holidays)
* Family friendly working hours, we have no weekends or late nights, hours reflect depot opening
* Company discretionary bonus scheme
* Company contributory pension scheme
* Colleague Discount card covering all group business
Hundreds of retail discounts on our benefits system Grab, our one stop shop for all things covering colleague benefits*
* Career progression offering a range of development programs and training courses
* Full and part-time opportunities
* Being part of a successful and ambitious “winning team”
Who Is C&L?
We're a leading specialist distributor of groundworks and heavy side construction materials serving customers across the UK from our national depot network. This is serviced by a dedicated ﬂeet of crane off-load vehicles to ensure on time delivery across the UK. With a turnover in excess of £200M with an expanding depot network.
We are a busy, fast-paced business where anything is possible; we are open to new ideas and champion innovation we certainly do not stand still we like to get on with it.
Tomorrow’s construction projects will be more planet-friendly and people-friendly than ever before. Civils & Lintels exists to help achieve that mission with the latest products and the best advice, delivered exactly where and when needed. Every day, we’re proud to be part of a better tomorrow.
We offer flexible working arrangements, operating Monday to Friday, with no evening shifts as we close at 5pm. We also have a great range of benefits, and plenty of opportunities to learn new skills, to develop your career. There’s always something going on to get excited about.
And getting it right starts with having great people. So why not join us?
OUR CRAZY GOAL
“A winning team, delivering a better future for our customers”
Ambitious Striving to always do things better tomorrow than we did today
We Value our People Our people are our greatest asset
Trustworthy and Responsible Committed to conducting our business in a socially responsible way
Being the best for our Customers Being our customers best supplier, makes us who we are
Entrepreneurial and Empowering Its new ideas that help us to innovate and stay ahead
Social Distancing and COVID-19
Like most businesses, we have had to change the way we do things to ensure our colleagues are working safely as well as our customers and suppliers.
We have introduced a set of Safer Operating Procedures which include:
* Additional PPE supplied to you to ensure a clean and sanitised working areas
* No delivery signatures required
* Social distancing in place in all of our depots
Careers at Civils & Lintels. Be Part of a Better Tomorrow